We only perform treatment previously planned and scheduled with the patient. Patientsí appointments are usually arranged a week ahead. Appointments are made by an experienced and qualified dental receptionist who makes a preliminary interview and tells how much time should be allocated for the visit. Standard visit time is 30-60 minutes, consultation-30 minutes.
Endodontic or prosthodontic treatment time is up to 120 minutes. There are 5-minute breaks in between visits in order to prepare and disinfect the dental unit.
We do not make appointments shorter than 15 minutes. The dentist consults patients in the dental office only, we do not offer phone consultations, or outside our premises.
Scheduled patients are seen first. We try to do our best to avoid delays. However, taking unforeseen circumstances into account, we ask our scheduled patients to add on some extra time. We also count on your understanding as far as short delays are concerned.
Appointment Cancellation Policy
It is the patientís responsibility to inform the dentist about cancelling an appointment. Otherwise, the failed appointment fee is 100 PLN for every 30 minutes of time reserved.
Being late more than 15 minutes shall be treated as a cancellation. The next patient will be seen after that time.
Euro-Dentís practitioners provide the highest quality of care in all aspects of dentistry.
We give our patients a warranty on dental treatment- one- year warranty on dental fillings and two-year warranty on prostheses. During the warranty period, if fillings or dental prostheses deform, change colour or fall out, they shall be fixed or replaced with new ones within 14 days at no extra charge.
The warranty services will not be offered if patients:
- discontinued treatment
- do not follow dentistís guidelines concerning oral hygiene and removable prosthesis
- fail to recall for professional exam every 6 months
- do not follow dentistís instructions for using or maintaining prosthesis
- perform any dental work on their own (repairs, correction)
- in case of accidents in which fillings or prostheses are damaged
- in case of bruxism
- in case of bone loss causing facial collapse and having unfavorable effects on the prosthesis
Before planning treatment, patients have to be aware that certain unwelcome complications may arise. The following are not covered by warranty:
- tooth pain or pain in the area surrounding
- cracked or broken tooth
- swelling, abscess, hematoma
- bleeding after surgical procedure
- raised temperature, malaise
- allergy to medications used during treatment
- exacerbations of coexisting diseases